Search This Blog

Thursday 15 August 2013

Hairy bikers inspired post war eggless cake

I needed to bake and I needed to bake something quick and easy. I made up my mind and then a disaster struck. Hubby ate all eggs! What do I do? Egg-less cake was the answer. I like this recipe as it's easy, almost effortless but I adapted to it suit my vision. Nevertheless inspired by Egg-free sponge cake by Hairy Bikers

Egg-free cake with blackcurrants and almond flakes

Ingredients:
175g plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
70g margarine/ soft butter
60 g light brown sugar
1 tbsp honey
125ml milk
50ml double cream
small punnet (approx 120g of blackcurrants)
almond flakes

Let's do it:
Preheat the oven to 180C (fan assisted) and grease a tube cake pan- round or a spring cake form (circa 20-25cm) 
With a hand mixer beat margarine/ butter with sugar and honey until light and fluffy. Add a little flour and milk, keep beating and adding little flour and then little milk at a time until well combined. Add cream and more milk if batter is too thick. Transfer to the baking form and arrange blackcurrants and almond flakes on the top, bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment